Presenting you the THIRD LIST of the series on Atif Aslam
Check out the previous two LISTShere:
Now check out: 15 Facts about Atif Aslam’s debut Album Jalpari
1. Jal Pari was declared “Best Selling Album of the Year” by The News International for two years in a row (2004 and 2005). Since its release, 5 million copies of Jal Pari have been sold out. Apart from Pakistan, the album became popular in India as well.
2. Jal Pari’s song “Bheegi Yaadein” (previously released in Jal Times as Woh Lamhey) was declared the “Most Downloaded Pakistani Song Ever” by DAWN newspaper. This ratio was for Pakistani websites only. The album has been considered as Youth Anthem of Pakistan.
3. The album was released on 17 July 2004 when Atif Aslam was just 21 years old according to Wikipedia.
4. Two songs from this album were included in Bollywood movies. Famous Bollywood director Mahesh Bhatt called Atif Aslam for his consent and included the song “Woh Lamhe” in his movie Zeher which was released in 2005. The song (remix version) became popular and was consistently played for 6 months on popular Indian radio stations. Atif Aslam had been nominated in International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA) and Filmfare awards for Woh Lamhe (Zeher).
6. Sarmad Ghafoor produced this great album Jal Pari and played a vital role in its success. He has also produced debut albums of Qayaas Band and young artist Bilal Khan.
7. The songs that made Jal Pari the best-selling album include Dil Harey, Yakeen, and Zindagi (previously Rangon Main) other than Aadat and Bheegi Yaadein.
8. The release of Jal Pari was preceded by a lot of copyright problems and accusations by Jal band as many tracks of Jal’s and Atif’s album shared resemblance.
9. “Aadat (Deep Blue Version)” is a slow version of original Aadat. Perhaps, the song was recorded to highlight the exceptional vocal capabilities of Atif Aslam.
10. In some songs, the drums have been done by Farhad Humayun who is considered as one of the best drummers of Pakistan.
11. Aadat received three awards in 2nd Jazz Indus Music Awards for Best lyrics, best song and best composition.
12. The album’s first music video and Atif’s first solo music video was “Mahi Ve”. The video shot in Dubai, UAE didn’t get any extraordinary response from viewers.
13.The song “Jalpari” from this album has also been included in Coke Studio Season 2 Episode 1. The version became really popular and was really liked by Pakistani fans including those people who didn’t hear this song before.
14. The album has received “Best Album Award” in Lux Style Awards 2005.
15. Jal Pari was recorded and released by IC Records as a Pop album. Sound Master was probably the distributor of this album[Citation needed]. It is believed that the record label earned huge revenue from Jal Pari and still the company is getting profits from the album sale.